Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Hello, world!

It's generic, it's amateurish, but it's mine.

I'm hoping this blog will fill a need I've had for a while. Facebook is a fun place for sharing quippy one-liners and commiseration for life's common struggles, but I wouldn't attempt an in-depth conversation with someone over the medium. We've all seen someone try it. Most of the time, it doesn't end well.

I've also been a part of many forums over the years. They're great for getting a variety of views on a variety of topics, but even online I am an introvert. I lurk more than post, and when I do post I feel like I'm intruding on the turf of the more prolific regulars.

This is going to be a place where I can talk about things I think are awesome. As such, it's going to be a bit unfocused at first, and I can't guarantee that every person is going to be interested in every post. Since I just jumped right into blogging and am figuring it out as I go, perhaps I'll split things up into different categories later on if the archives get out of hand. I like the concept of organization, but the execution and subsequent maintenance is an epic struggle. Anyone who has seen my desk at any point in time will understand this.

The first few posts are probably going to be writing-related. I'm in the midst of revising my first fantasy novel, so I'm absorbing as much about the craft as I can. But I also used to be a competitive dancer, I watch anime and play video games, and I'm currently a cashier at a dollar store. Despite my hermit-friendly pursuits and dead end job, I still manage to live an interesting life.

And here I will conclude my long-winded blog intro and get back to my book. The main antagonist just made his first appearance, and he has a tendency to steal the show.

Cheers!



 

3 comments:

  1. I love that there are dragons in the title but a picture of a turtle. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's pretty much the greatest thing I have ever seen. He's attacking that strawberry with such ferocity! Metaphorically, I haven't decided which one is the dragon.

      Delete
  2. I love the turtle. I love the dragon metaphor, but I love the turtle more :)

    Aw, hell - I love them both. Also the strawberry.

    ReplyDelete